Peter Saint-Andre: Résumé
- Technology professional with executive experience and a diverse background including product creation and delivery, programming and systems analysis, consulting services, industry standardization, and business development.
- Engineering manager and community leader adept at forging consensus on contentious issues among multiple stakeholders.
- User-centric technologist with expertise in distributed systems, real-time communications, and information security.
- Excellent communicator with significant experience in public speaking and authoring of white papers and technical specifications.
- Servant leader devoted to effective collaboration, shared purpose, honest communication, and mutual respect.
- Conceptual yet detail-oriented, strategic yet operational, articulate yet a good listener, diplomatic yet resolute, driven yet balanced, passionate yet cool under pressure.
Principal Software Engineer, Mozilla, Denver, CO, 2017-present
- Managing Mozilla's strategic technical partnerships with the likes of Amazon, Apple, Cisco, Google, and Microsoft.
- Assisting with further architectural and organizational improvements to augment the incredible progress that Mozilla has already made in these areas.
- Driving open standards that enable an even better, more accessible, more secure experience for people who use Firefox and the Internet as a whole.
Chief Technology Officer, Filament, Denver, CO, 2016-2017
- Led the firmware team at an industrial Internet of Things startup, including responsibility for recruiting, hiring, and evaluation, engineering management, technical direction, and stewardship of intellectual property.
- Served on the Board of Directors and assisted with investor relations alongside the CEO and Chief Scientist.
- Handled business development and customer relationships prior to addition of a sales VP.
Chief Technology Officer, &yet, Denver, CO, 2014-2015
- Led the real-time communications practice at a boutique software development company, with a focus on business development, product management, operations, and consulting for the Talky video conferencing system and related technologies.
Technical Leader, Cisco Systems, Inc., Denver, CO, 2008-2013
- After acquisition of Jabber Inc. by Cisco Systems, worked as an internal consultant to help integrate Jabber technologies into multiple Cisco business lines.
- Co-architected a next-generation release of the flagship WebEx product in close collaboration with teams in California and China.
- Represented Cisco in global industry standards fora, in particular as an Area Director at the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and member of the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG).
Director of Standards, Jabber, Inc., Denver, CO, 1999-2008
- Led standardization and developer community initiatives, including management of liaison relationships with international customers, competitors, and open-source software projects.
- As a systems analyst and product manager, drove the design and development of high-scale, real-time messaging servers and clients.
- Recognized as a key employee for retention during acquisition by Cisco Systems.
Content Designer, Logical Design Solutions, Morristown, NJ, 1996-1999
- By contributing content, systems analysis, programming, and systems administration, helped deliver an award-winning, self-service intranet application for Lucent Technologies.
Industry Standards and Open Source Experience
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), 2002-2017
- Author of 45 specifications in the RFC series of Internet standards, with a focus on messaging, security, and internationalization.
- Chair of OAuth Working Group, 2009-2010.
- Area Director / IESG Member, 2010-2012.
XMPP Standards Foundation, 2000-2017
- Author of 60 specifications in the XEP series of extensions to Jabber/XMPP technologies for instant messaging, presence, and real-time collaboration.
- Executive Director, 2002-2017.
- Treasurer, 2008-Present.
- Managing operator of an instant messaging service with 1+ million users.
- B.A., Philosophy and Ancient Greek, Columbia University.
- Self study, on-the-job learning, and formal training courses on software engineering, project management, business development, and team leadership.
Peter Saint-Andre > Technology