The fun continues in the Jabber community. I mean that in a positive sense -- we're learning how to work together, moving forward on many fronts, and growing in important ways. Here are some examples:
- Our recent IETF Submission, which I was deeply involved in but which really came about as a result of prodding by James Barry.
- Our discussions in the Standards JIG regarding recent Jabber Enhancement Proposals.
- The steady growth in traffic on the JADMIN and JDEV mailing lists. It's tough to keep up with it all, but that's better than having no discussion.
- The fact that we're revisiting some thorny issues like the Jabber trademark and the development of standards for Jabber compliance. Jabber Council member Mike Lin just sent a great post to the email@example.com list laying out the issues surrounding the trademark. I trust that we'll be able to sort all that out.
- I think we've learned from our mistake with the early formation of so many Jabber Interest Groups, and I have just submitted to the Jabber Council a proposal for streamlining them.
Now if only there were little more code being developed, but I hope to do something about that as well, before long....
Peter Saint-Andre > Journal