Following up on last week's theme of Greek mythology, each of this week's words relates to one of the nine Muses:
- Terpsichorean -- having to do with dance (from Terpsichore, the Muse of dance)
- Thalian -- comedic (from Thalia, the Muse of comedy)
- Melpomenish -- tragic (from Melpomene, the Muse of tragedy)
- Euterpean -- having to do with music (from Euterpe, the Muse of music and lyric poetry)
- Uranian -- astronomical (from Urania, the Muse of astronomy)
It seems we don't have adjectives in English derived from Calliope (epic poetry), Clio (history), Erato (lyric or love poetry), or Polyhymnia (sacred poetry). Definitely something to muse on...
Peter Saint-Andre > Journal