Feeding a Cold
One of my idiosyncrasies is that when I'm starting to catch a cold, I get ravenously hungry. I'm legendary for eating all the time, but when I begin to feel sick my usually fast metabolism seems to go into overdrive. For instance, today I was not feeling very well and ate a tremendous amount of food:
- 06:00: A handful of dried figs and half a cup of yogurt.
- 06:15: A fried egg on whole-grain toast, plus half a grapefruit.
- 06:30: Another fried egg on toast.
- 08:00: A huge bowl of oatmeal with raisins and walnuts.
- 09:30: An apple.
- 10:30: Another half cup of yogurt.
- 11:15: A whole bunch of almonds and some dried apricots.
- 12:15: A chicken fajita and a large bowl of beef chili.
- 14:00: Another half cup of yogurt.
- 16:00: Another fried egg on toast.
- 19:00: A large plate of sausage lasagna.
- 19:45: Two pieces of baklava and two cups of Turkish coffee.
- 21:15: More almonds and dried apricots.
Now excuse me while I rummage around in the kitchen for a snack... ;-)
Peter Saint-Andre > Journal